These things are kinda juicy, so after you injest your meme tomato get in the fridge, grab a fresh one, and splat! at your fellow bloggers.
What does this meme tomato contain? Well, after I stuck it in my salad and ate it it revealed its contents to me. It appears that the meme tomato Brett Legree threw at me wants me to divulge 8 random facts/habits about myself. Here are some special meme tomato seeds just for you:
1. I really don’t like tomatos all that much, just the little cherry ones Mike grows in the garden. Most tomatos I find are tasteless because they have sat on a truck too long. They do not like this, and would rather be injested right away because they like to spread their seeds around.
2. I did grow up on a magic bus. Well, actually it was kind of a hippie van my dad painted. The van was dark green, with a white top and orange bumpers. I’m sure you can guess what were the painted additions. When I was seven years old I thought this was the most embarrassing thing in the world. All I wanted was a station wagon like everyone else’s normal 1970’s kind of parents drove around. Sadly, this was not my fate. But maybe it was a good thing.
3. I once had a cat named Boob. He’s dead now.
4. I am an incurable romantic and two of my favorite movies are Don Juan Demarco and Sommersby.
5. I have been listening to “Rock the Casbah” by the Clash nonstop lately, and Mike worries when I put on the headphones, crank it up, and get on Twitter. He is concerned about my maniacal laughter and the tweets that are emitted from the computer.
6. I once had a dream when I was three years old that I was the last person on Earth and these strange alien beings were throwing fireballs at me while I hid behind a lumber pile in Kmart. I’m still trying to figure that one out.
7. Ken Kesey has always been a kind of hero of mine. He was the originator of the “Magic Bus.” Read Tom Wolfe’s Electric Koolaid Acid Test and you’ll know what I mean. He also wrote One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
8. I bought this doll for my daughter in some little obscure Canadian town. I think it was called Splat Creek. Very tomatoesque type of town. I fell in love with her purple hair and she reminds me of a gypsy. I threaten to steal her back when Carolyn says she doesn’t want her anymore. That always does the trick.
Alright, now that you have listened to me babble on about fruit and such (is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?) I get to splat 8 more people:
And here are the rules, for those of you who follow rules (hey, I didn’t make up the rules!):
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.
Have fun with splatting your tomatos. Make a pizza or something.